7 Top Wedding Locations in Glasgow for Wedding PhotographyMarch 5, 2020
LOOKING FOR THE BEST VENUES FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY IN GLASGOW?
We have put together our favourite locations for getting the perfect wedding shots on your big day.
Each venue on the list has unique wedding picture opportunities from amazing architecture to beautiful landscapes and scenery. This list is in no particular order and includes venues in and around Glasgow city centre that we regularly work in.
GLASGOW CITY CENTRE WEDDING VENUES
In 2018 there were over 2,400 marriages registered in Glasgow City.
Glasgow city centre has tons of options for your wedding day, not to mention amazingly beautiful places to take those all-important wedding photographs.
GLASGOW UNIVERSITY WEDDINGS
The University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel was consecrated on 4 October 1929 and is dedicated to the memory of the former students and staff of the University who lost their lives in the First World War.
To get married at Glasgow University At least one of the partners to the wedding must be a graduate/diplomat, student, member of staff or the son or daughter of these categories.
- Gorgeous 1930 chapel
- Attached to the University grounds – Perfect for photos
- A short drive from the west end and city centre
ST LUKE’S GLASGOW WEDDINGS
- Newly converted church with a modern twist
- Right in the heart of the Barras – a Glasgow landmark
- City centre location easy to get to
GLASGOW GRAND CENTRAL HOTEL WEDDINGS
- Intimate and classical venue in the heart of the city centre
- seconds from Glasgow Central Station (it’s actually attached!)
- Great Gatsby style champagne bar
GLASGOW CITY REGISTRY OFFICE WEDDINGS
- Intimate location in the city centre
- Classically styled roomed which are perfect for smaller weddings
- Seconds from George Square, perfect transport links for guests
GLASGOW WEDDING VENUES OUTSIDE THE CITY CENTRE
FOREST HILLS HOTEL GLASGOW WEDDINGS
- Dog-friendly hotel located in Aberfoyle, a short drive from Glasgow
- Incredible Scottish scenery surrounds the hotel with a short drive to Loch Ard
- Space for outside ceremony with unbeatable Scottish scenery as your setting
GG’S YARD WEDDINGS
- Purpose-built wedding venue
- Incredible interior and exterior (There’s even a flying fox zip slide!)
- Short drive to various beaches and bays for photographs
ROSSLEA HALL HOTEL WEDDING
Set in the picturesque village of Rhu overlooking the Firth of Clyde and Gare Loch. Enjoy the perfect mix of traditional elegance and modern facilities, all accompanied by that unmistakable welcoming Scottish hospitality.
- Located on Rhu Bay and Gare Loch
- Pebble beach a short drive from the venue
- Beautiful conservatory and gardens for the ceremony